April 7, 2013

Buzz Issues: 01 The Perfect Dessert

  A Legend

Okay, maybe it's not a "legend"

I'm a coffee and tea lush. (New to tea but love it so!) About 10 p.m. is when I get my sugar-kick and I'm tearing the kitchen apart for sweets that won't keep me up all night. This cup of coffee does it for 150 calories and not a lot of sugar. Good news is that you can use decaf at night and regular in the mornings. Lovely part of the day for me when I allow myself to indulge a bit.
 
Alright, ingredients I use - can be swapped, substituted, or otherwise ignored! Your choice!

Half/Half - optional, 20 calories
Chai Latte Mix - optional, 30 calories
Sweetener - optional, none
Fat-Free Milk - optional, approx. 10 calories
Whipped Topping, Light - optional, approx. 30 calories
Sugar-Free Caramel Topping - optional, 45 calories
Decaf/Regular coffee - I'm not counting the calories for this one. You can't make me.


Okay, it sounds like a lot but this is my desert, ya'll. And it's yummy. But everything can be changed or whatever. It's your cup of coffee and this one is mine. Just brew your 8oz. cup of coffee (or 6oz. and I would half this entire recipe). Add everything in, I like to before I even get coffee in the cup. Now, the whipped topping and caramel go on top because once they meld together, they smell and taste amazing. So for less than 150 calories, you've got a yummy cup of coffee for desert or a wake-me-up, or whatever.




 Also, these cool little International Latte mix-ins are great for spicing up a bland black cup of coffee for 60 calories/2 teaspoons or so. Not bad and they're pre-sweetened and delicious on their own. I love the Chai! Without it though, this recipe would have been great still. Enjoy and let me know if you give it a go!

(I'm sorry - but doesn't that look amazing?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something to think about. =]